Experience is everything for a consulting engineer, and experience is what sets Thundersafe Engineering Services apart. Our broad and rich history is the foundation of the complete consulting engineering services you get with Thundersafe Engineering Services. Thundersafe Engineering Services offers comprehensive construction services to the energy market including power generation, power delivery, power distribution, maintenance and outage services, facility upgrade/retrofit, and gas, oil and chemical facilities.
Project management is the driving force behind the successful completion of all our projects. We execute projects on a lump-sum or design-build/EPC contract basis. Our full-scope of Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects utilize a wide variety of commercial formats to ease your need for additional management resources to oversee project implementation.
Our design-build/EPC services encompass:
- Detailed Design Engineering
- Procurement and Expediting
- Construction and Construction Management
- Safety and Health
- Startup and Training
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance
Our seasoned professionals have extensive experience on projects of complex size and scope throughout the world. We provide state-of-the-art technologies and world-class project management skills, combined with Thundersafe Engineering Services proven business consulting and industry-leading safety programs, to ensure a competitive price, schedule certainty and long-term value on our clients' most challenging projects.
Energy & Electric Power Systems Consulting
Thundersafe Engineering Services offers expertise in virtually every facet of the energy industry to provide our global clients with consulting engineering solutions, from development support through implementation and operation. Clients use our extensive services to support strategic planning; achieve maximum results at minimum cost; enhance performance, choose and optimize fuels; and improve operations and maintenance, environmental compliance, and health and safety performance.
Services delivered to the power generation and energy-intensive industries include:
- Asset Management
- Gas Turbines (Simple & Combine Cycles)
- New Generation Engineering(Wind and Solar)
- Power Transformer Design Specification
- Power Transformer Installation and Commissioning
- Power Systems Studies (Load Flow, Short Circuit, Motor starting)
- Excitation system services
- Protective/Predictive Relay services
- Plant Improvement Engineering
- Renewable Technologies Engineering and Consulting
- Technical Consulting
Thundersafe offers a two (2) day technical workshop for organizations with private high voltage power networks including the mining firms.
Course Tittle: High Voltage (34kv) Switching Operations
This training program presents a general approach to fault switching, and will give hands-on demonstrations of various scenarios of high voltage faults switching depending on the indications of relays, weather conditions, type of network, information from the consuming units etc.
The dangers to operational staff and to equipment during switching of high voltage systems, demands competent staff with the requisite knowledge, skills and techniques in high voltage switching.
This program is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills required by staff to carry out high voltage switching operations safely. The network elements for switching purpose include;
- Substation equipments
- Overhead Lines
- Underground cables
At the end of the training session, participants will be able to:
- Operate high voltage switch gears, isolators, etc correctly and safely
- Identify and handle potential hazards in high voltage switching
- Write switching sequence to ensure that high voltage equipment can be safely isolated and earthed
- Follow high voltage switching procedures and practices using:
- Approved isolation points
- Minimum fixed clearance
- Remote control switching
The program content will include:
- General control/operations procedures
- How to write a switching sequence
- Safety precautions to be observed during switching
- Permits and safety
- Capabilities/operation of different types of switch gears, reclosers etc.
- Network arrangement
- Sectionalising to clear the fault
The program delivery approach is practical and results oriented, it includes:
- Lectures/OHP presentations
- Classroom instruction/demonstrations
- Syndicate Work (Exercise) in switching sequence
- Field inspections and demonstrations
- Senior Staff (electrical department)
- Holders of EET/Part 3
- B.Sc Electricals